This Policy describes how we collect, use, transfer, and safeguard information about you and your options regarding accessing or modifying such information. You accept and agree to this Policy when you visit a website on which this Policy is posted, create an account with Drud, request marketing information, or interact with Drud’s online and off-line products and services (collectively, our “Services”).
Throughout this Policy we use the terms “personal information” and “PII” to describe information that can be associated with a specific natural person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information or PII to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it does not identify a specific natural person. If you give us PII on behalf of someone else (or someone else gives us PII on your behalf), the person providing the PII must have consent to do so from the person whose information is being provided to us.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us by email: email@example.com or via mail at:
Drud Technology, LLC
1290 Broadway Suite 1150
Denver CO 80203
How We Collect Information
We may collect information from you, or someone acting on your behalf, when you interact with the Services. For example, you provide information to us when you:
- create accounts for Services,
- click on our advertising,
- elect to receive offers or other marketing communications,
- request a coupon or other products,
- receive customer support,
- purchase, download, or register to use products, or
- apply for a job.
- Cookies and pixel tags,
- Location detection technology, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device and IP addresses linked to a specific geographic location,
- HTTP headers,
- Unique Application Identifiers,
- Device identifiers,
- Activity log files, and
- Local storage, such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
When you use our Services, we place a text file called a ‘cookie’ in the browser directory of your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on your web browser and later retrieve. The cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that set up the cookies. Some browsers can be set to reject all cookies. If you choose to modify your browser in this manner, some parts of the Services may not function properly.
We sometimes obtain personal information from other sources, such as through mergers and acquisitions with other companies as well as through commercial arrangements with data brokers, business partners, and other sources. For example, a third party may provide us with your age, gender, or zip code. Information we receive from a third party is subject to your agreement with such third party. We may merge information we receive from third parties with information we have collected or will collect.
Information We Collect
Information provided to us directly
You, or others acting on your behalf, may provide us with the following information:
- your name, age, gender, physical address, email address, and phone number,
- the products and services you purchase, download or register to use,
- payment information such as credit card number, security codes, currency requirements, financial institution account number, or other payment credentials,
- user preferences, product interests, communication choices, and other customer profile information, and
- your resume or CV, references and background check information.
Information collected automatically
- Internet Protocol Address,
- Browser type,
- Browser language,
- Operating system (of computer and mobile devices),
- User preferences,
- Screen resolution,
- Application identifiers,
- Traffic identifiers,
- Device type, identifiers or capabilities,
- Session ID or User ID,
- Date and time,
- Location of purchases made in connection with an offer,
- URL and content of pages visited or requested,
- Other browsing behavior, such as products and white papers downloaded,
- Domains, and
We may use location detection technology to determine your approximate location, nearby Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
When you use our Services we may automatically collect and store certain information in activity logs such as:
- Details of how you used our Services, such as your search queries,
- Internet protocol address,
- Content on the website viewed by you, and
- Page views within our Services.
Many internet browsers allow users to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. Currently, there is no consensus on the meaning of “Do Not Track” or similar signals, and the Services have no mechanism to respond to such a signal.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use information we collect to conduct our business and improve our Services, develop new products and services, provide information and support for Services, better understand your needs and interests, personalize communications and advertising, and generally promote a quality experience for users of the Services. In addition, we use information for the purposes for which you have consented. For example, we may use your information to:
- Communicate, interact and build our relationship with you,
- Customize the content, products, and services that are offered to you,
- Contact you with information about Drud and third parties,
- Process, fulfill, and follow up on transactions and requests for products, services, support, and information,
- Create and maintain your Drud account and record your actions and transactions,
- Engage in market research and analysis,
- Measure, analyze and improve our products and services, the effectiveness of our Services, and our advertising and marketing,
- Monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed;
- Consider your employment application,
- Comply with legal requirements,
- Enforce our agreements, or
- Deter, detect, and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
We also may use your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent. We also use your information for our legitimate interests. For example, if you provide us with your business card, we will use the information on your card to communicate with you about Drud.
Currently, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data, although we may change analytics providers in the future. Google provides additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
We may link information we collect from multiple sources to provide better service to you and to improve the Services.
How We Share and Disclose Information
We may share or disclose your information as follows:
- To corporate affiliates including any corporate entity controlling, controlled by, or under common control with us,
- To our business partners, advertising partners, agents, service providers, and suppliers who are using your information on our behalf and/or in connection with an actual or potential transaction,
- Based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or safety of any person or entity,
- Based on a good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to respond to judicial process, valid government inquiry, or is otherwise required by law,
- To an acquiring entity in the event that Drud or any of its assets are acquired or to a surviving entity in the event that Drud or any of its assets are involved in a merger,
- When posted by you or an authorized third party to our wikis, forums, blogs, message boards, chat rooms and other social networking environments, and
- To other third parties for purposes to which you have allowed or consented.
We do not sell, transfer or disclose your personal information to any third parties other than for the limited purposes described in this policy.
We will only share your PII with third parties if we determine in our good faith judgment that those third parties provide an adequate level of data protection to help ensure the security of your personal data, such as by agreeing to abide by data protection regulations or the terms of a contractual confidentiality commitment.
The Services are hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to access or use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
We offer European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our customers that operate in the European Union, and other international transfers of Customer Data. To request a copy of our data processing addendum incorporating the Standard Contractual Clauses, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can choose whether or not to provide your PII to us. If you choose not to provide PII, you can continue to interact with Drud, but you may be not be able to take advantage of certain offers, options, events and services that depend upon Drud having access to accurate PII.
Please note that while Drud offers you some control over what marketing communication you will receive, certain transactional, relationship, and legally required communications will not be affected by the choices you have made about marketing communications.
We take reasonable precautions including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the PII we have collected from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. In addition, we use standard security protocols and mechanisms to transmit sensitive data such as passwords and other personal information. These safeguards are designed to protect against, but are not a guarantee against, the loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction of your information. We keep your job inquiries and job applications confidential.
Access and Accuracy
We aim to maintain the accuracy of your contact information and personal data. If you need to update or correct this please do so by contacting us at the address, number, or email listed at the beginning of this Policy.
Upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal information and the ability to correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate. We will make reasonable efforts to provide the requested information or incorporate the requested changes as soon as possible.
Before we provide access to any personal data or make any changes to it we may ask you to verify your identity or provide other details to help us respond to your request. We may keep a copy of information for our records. Access may not be granted where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to your individual privacy risks or where the rights of others would be violated.
Use of our Services is only available to individuals who are of legal age to contract in their applicable jurisdiction. The Services are not directed to children under 13 years of age. If that policy changes, we will obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we knowingly collect data from anyone under the age of 13.
Third Party Links
The Services may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy, and security, even if accessed through the Services. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Changes to this Policy
Please note that this Policy may change from time to time. We will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant or reduce your rights in any material manner, we will provide a more prominent notice. We will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.
Version 2..0 – May 2018