DrupalCon Global 2020
July 14 - July 17
We’re looking forward to the brand new experience of DrupalCon Global this July! There’s a lot we’re hoping to offer you in summer 2020, so please stay tuned to this page for updates on sessions we are presenting, special event offers, as well as DDEV news and updates to our platform!
What we’re up to:
- Local development environments panel discussion
- Join DDEV-Local maintainer Randy Fay, local environments expert Jeff Geerling, and Docksal master Blanca Esqueda on a panel moderated by Ricardo Amaro. We’ll discuss the local development options available, why so many tools have moved towards Docker, and where the future may lie.
- Jul 15, 15:15 – Jul 15 16:00 UTC
- Volunteer-led strategies for helping the Drupal community
- DDEV communications/marketing manager Elli Ludwigson is a member of the Drupal Diversity and Inclusion (DDI) Leadership Team and joins this panel with Tara King, Alanna Burke, and Ruby Sinreich to discuss how everyone can help make the Drupal community a welcoming and equitable open source space.
- July 14, 2020 21:15-22:00 UTC
- Drupal Initiatives Plenary
- Elli will also be presenting on Drupal Core Mentoring during this keynote time. Various Drupal initiative leads will be speaking about the work their teams are doing and how you can get involved contributing to Drupal.
- July 15, 13:15-14:00 UTC
- Contribution time!
- Be sure to stay tuned in through Friday at DrupalCon so you can get started contributing! Working together on hard problems is why we are so passionate about open source.
- We’ll be using OpenSocial to host a free virtual contribution day. Anyone familiar with Drupal is welcome to help mentor, anyone who otherwise wants to contribute but isn’t sure how is welcome to join for a first time contributors workshop.
- Join DDEV Product Director David Stoline for contributions to the AutoUpdates Initiative
- Help build a new Contributor Guide on Drupal.org to replace the Getting Involved Guide! Elli will be helping out in this group as well.
- For new contributors, please join the First Time Contributors group to get started and meet mentors and others.
- If you’d like to get a head start with a local development environment, our DDEV-Local tool is available, just follow the DDEV installation steps. Usually at IRL DrupalCons we use drupal.org/tools and the Quicksprint package for a more one-size-fits-all approach that takes conference wifi bandwidth into account, but this time we’re all on our own internet connections! Please do consider downloading and getting set up in advance regardless, hop into the #ddev channel in Drupal Slack for troubleshooting.
- First Time Contributor Workshops will happen twice during the week, times and dates TBA.
When: 14-17 July 2020
About the event: DrupalCon is the largest gathering of Drupal users and stakeholders in the world. We get together to share knowledge and experience, connect with old friends and new, and of course contribute back to Drupal as an open source project.